What are the symptoms of colon cancer ? Colon cancer is the type of cancer that attacks your colon areas. This type of cancer is commonly happened in intestines. According to the data, colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S with nearly 150,000 cases diagnosed each year. Around five percent of American men and women will experience colon or rectal cancer of their lifetime and 30 percent will die because of the disease. That is why, early diagnosis will bring to the successful treatment. Diagnosed the cancer is perhaps from knowing What Are the Symptoms of Colon Cancer. This article will show you the symptoms of colon cancer.
What Are The Symptoms of Colon Cancer
What Are the Symptoms of Colon Cancer? Many cases showed that people who have symptoms of colon cancer will not always severe cancer also. But you must be careful if you feel some symptoms like showed below.
- Diarrhea in long days
- A feeling that you need to have a bowel movement that is not relieved by doing so
- Rectal bleeding. It is not common if you bleed on your rectal areas
- Dark stools, or blood in the stool. Pay attention to the stool you use. It will show the beginning of colon cancer
- Cramping or abdominal (belly) pain. Abnormal cells growth in colon will affect pain in your belly areas. You have to take care if it happens in long time
- Weakness and fatigue. If you feel very tired without doing hard working, it means you must be careful
- Unintended weight loss. Weight loss normally happens when you are doing dietary programs such as exercise. It becomes abnormal if there is no effort to make it happened
Some of the symptoms are not always indicate colon cancer but you must be careful and better to do medical checkup to prevent the large spreading of this cancer.
The Cause of Colon Cancer
- Age and aging
Most of sufferer of colon cancer cases is more than 45 ages. If you are in this age, the best advice is going to the doctor and gets early diagnosis
- Alcohol consumption
It is never good if consuming alcohol. The level of risk is very high if you always consume alcohol. That is why you need to stop the habits.
- Diabetes risk
All told, diabetics are up to 40 percent more likely to develop colon cancer compares to people in the general population.
- Dietary factors
Diets high in fat and cholesterol can be linked to colon cancer.
- Ethnicity and race
Ethnicity is also can be a factor that causes colon cancer. for example, African Americans have a 40 percent greater chance to suffer colon cancer than whites. In contrast, Asians known have a lower risk in this type of cancer.
- Family history of colon cancer
You will have a high risk of colon cancer if you have relatives who suffer this cancer
- Genetic factors
Genetic is also associated with causal factors of colon cancer
People who suffer obesity is higher risk to suffer colon cancer than the normal weight
That is all about What Are the Symptoms of Colon Cancer, hopefully you will get clearer explanation by seeing the doctor soon. The colon cancer will be spread and dangerous if you don’t make any decision to prevent the cancer. Finally, you have to start to change your bad habits like consume alcohol.